My good friend & beauty guru @DaveLackie (editor of Beauty the Guide) has kindly agreed to guest post on my blog with his 2013 Beauty Highlights, which is uber exciting! I’ve recently started ritually watching his monthly feature on City line and would definitely recommend a watch for the latest Beauty tips, trends and gossip! His Twitter is full of amazing competitions, the insider scoop and not to mention his lovely personality so I’d definitely check his page out.
Without further ado I cannot wait for you to see what he’s come up with for us all.
2013 Beauty Highlights
1. Clarins Double Serum + Sunscreen
The science behind this formula is really strong. Great product when paired with sunscreen.
2. MAC/Rihanna Collaborations
This could have gone horribly wrong with crazy colours. Instead, all four mini-collections RiRi did were beautifully done. Edgy but wearable on all skin tones. Brilliantly executed!!
3. Estee Lauder + Lilly Pulitzer partnership
Lauder tapped the Palm Beach brand for vibrant prints for its spring & summer GWP bags. So fun and fashionable.
4. Chanel Les Beiges
The French beauty house reimagined the whole bronzing trend with healthy, outdoor makeup. It sold out instantly around the globe. (They are still catching up.)
5. Fall’s Gothic Beauty – Siouxie Sioux icon
The best beauty trend of the year was the homage to 80s Goth icons like Siouxie Sioux. Loved the graphic eye, dark lips and nails.
6. Nicest celebrity I interviewed this year: Enrique Iglasias
Runner up was Simon Baker for Givenchy. Very charming.
7. Best beauty relaunch: Anna Sui Beauty
The quality of this makeup and packaging is stunning when you see it in person. I love that Anna has stayed true to her vision and created a beauty line unlike any other. The square ring rouge was a highlight.
8. Most interesting skincare research: Estee Lauder’s sleep studies
Scientists learned this year that sleep plays a far more important role in skin health than first thought. Not good news for insomniacs but made Advanced Night Repair cutting edge again.
9. Easiest day-to-night makeup: Lancome’s Artliner 24H in Azure Blue
The eyeliner ruled in 2013! And Lancome’s sapphire blue shade was a standout.
10. Top cult product: Dior Nail Glow
Dior’s LipGlow automatically adjusts to your skin’s chemistry to offer the perfect pink shade for you. This year, Dior launched Nail Glow. It customizes its colour to create the ideal shade for your nail. Very good product!!
What to watch for in 2014:
· 50’s-inpsired pastel shades of baby blue, mint green and pink
· incense & oud trend in fragrance – exotic scents from the Middle East
· Bold colour in summer collections that is amazing. Big nautical theme trend
· A trend in scent to classic femininity – ladylike packaging and advertising
· Early spring colour trend: pink, pink and more pink